[Flac-dev] FLAC support in Phatbox car audio system

Svante Eriksson svante.eriksson at home.se
Mon Feb 18 16:54:01 PST 2002

"JC" == Josh Coalson <xflac at yahoo.com> writes:

JC> For the interested, the Phatbox (a car audio system) now has
JC> firmware to support FLAC files.  I have a news bullet on the FLAC
JC> site:

JC> http://flac.sourceforge.net/news.html#20020213

JC> This is the first hardware support for FLAC (more is coming)

Now you got my attention.  Anything remotely portable that
supports FLAC would be _very_ interesting.

Had I got the time, I would have looked into what could be
done with the 2.5" hard disk MP3-players available on the
market.

I heard about some firmware replacement project that could
be interesting, but at least one of the players apparently
does it's MP3-decompression with dedicated hardware.

JC> and I think the first support of any non-proprietary lossless
JC> audio format for any hardware.  Kudos to Phatnoise for taking
JC> the lead.

Agreed.

/Svante

--
Svante Eriksson, Ekedalsgatan 9A-20, SE-414 66 Göteborg, SWEDEN
Home: +46-31-249187, Work: +46-31-7354389, Cell: +46-704-642488