[Flac-dev] ACM work

Ingo Ralf Blum ingoralfblum at gmx.de
Wed Feb 6 11:35:08 PST 2002

> WAVEFORMATEX
> yes, that's the way to know what the codec does.
> But no WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE. on this one. As it's based on the work I
> did on Lame I discovered how to use this in lame. And so you can put as
> many data as you want in the WAV header, ie metadata. So it could be done
!

I thought this, since ACM has problems with WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE. The
annoying thing is, that WAVEFORMATEX requires a registration of a global
wFormatTag value for FLAC with Microsoft.

I'm just interested, because I'd like to enable FLAC in my Ogg
demultiplexer. (However, I won't write a single line of code until April.)

Regards,

Ingo