[Flac-dev] Should FLAC join Xiph? (Wrapup)

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 15 23:15:02 PST 2002

Well, the discussion seems to have wound its course and the
vast majority of feedback has been positive (meaning "yes").
The core library contributors have all OKed the change to
Xiph's (BSD-like) license.  So the only thing left is to do
it.

The current plan is to make the switch after the next release.
I am finishing up the development work for flac 1.0.5; next
week I will probably have the rest of the new testing code
done.  I have also been trying to make everything "Valgrind-
clean" (c.f. http://developer.kde.org/~sewardj/).  I was hoping
to get it all done this year but my Christmas present to the
world will probably be just a beta; we'll see how it goes.

In the meantime I'll try and get the landing pad at Xiph
prepared so at least the web page and CVS transition will be
smooth.