[Flac-dev] new CUESHEET metadata block

David Collett jg at webone.com.au
Tue Dec 3 23:36:01 PST 2002

On Wed, 2002-12-04 at 11:41, Josh Coalson wrote:
> --- smoerk <smoerk at gmx.de> wrote:
> > good idea, i'm always putting *.cue files to the directory with the
> > ripped audio files. but it would prefer one file per song and not one
> > big file for the whole cd.
>
> My vision of how the players should work is this:
>
> - make one album.flac with CUESHEET
> - player loads album.flac, sees CUESHEET, calculates CDDB id
>   (or CDindex, or custom hash), looks up metadata in database
> - player presents album.flac as separate tracks
> - playlists can reference individual tracks in album.flac
>
> Josh

Ditto, thats how it works for REAL cd's, there kind of in one 'file' so
to speak. Can you put single CD tracks in winamp playlists, I dont know,
probably...

I can see the other side of the arguement too tho, there may be many
players around now, and in the future that will add flac support, but
not flac-album support :(

Dave