[Flac-dev] AMD debugging test files available

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Fri Aug 16 13:11:03 PDT 2002

On Fri, Aug 16, 2002 at 11:14:01AM -0700, Josh Coalson wrote:

> --- Josh Coalson <xflac at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > If anyone with a similar set up can read the comments in the
> > following bug reports and do some investigation it would really
> > help a lot.  I would like to hear about setups that are working
> > as much as ones that aren't.
>
> OK, someone with a Duron has uploaded some test files which
> reproduce errors in the same spot, but sporadically, on Linux too.
> His comments and files are here:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=595858&group_id=13478&atid=113478

I am able to reproduce this on my system.  I am of course using the same
Debian packaged binary, and the test files from the bug tracker.  It does
not happen every time.  Sometimes I can get the failure in a few tries, and
sometimes I run several hundred iterations with no problems.

processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 6
model           : 4
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) Processor
stepping        : 4
cpu MHz         : 1394.099
cache size      : 256 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow
bogomips        : 2785.28

mizar:[/tmp] flac -4 -V *.wav

flac 1.0.3, Copyright (C) 2000,2001,2002 Josh Coalson
flac comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.  This is free software, and you are
welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions.  Type `flac' for details.

iits1792.wav: Verify OK, wrote 11886 bytes, ratio=0.643
iits2430.wav: Verify OK, wrote 9274 bytes, ratio=0.502
iits2430.wav: ERROR: mismatch in decoded data, verify FAILED!
       Please submit a bug report to
           http://sourceforge.net/bugs/?func=addbug&group_id=13478
       Make sure to include an email contact in the comment and/or use the
       "Monitor" feature to monitor the bug status.
       Absolute sample=3453, frame=0, channel=1, sample=3453, expected 325, got 69
iits2430.wav: ERROR during encoding, state = 15:FLAC__STREAM_ENCODER_FATAL_ERROR_WHILE_WRITING

iits2430.wav: 200% complete, ratio=0.504
iits2430.wav: ERROR: verification decoder returned error 1:FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_ERROR_STATUS_BAD_HEADER
Verify FAILED! (FLAC__VERIFY_FAILED_IN_FRAME)  Do not trust iits2430.flac
zsh: exit 1     flac -4 -V *.wav
mizar:[/tmp] flac -4 -V *.wav

--
 - mdz