[Flac-dev] FLAC to mp3 batch converter?

Christian Lambert clambert at sgi.com
Tue Apr 2 14:16:16 PST 2002

Thanks this is exactly what I was looking for.

Just one tip for you, you might want to look into
just using the lame --alt-preset fast standard   if you want to
get the best quality for VBR.  Those are preset flags that
the lame engineer themselves found to give the best results
for the bitrate.  If you want bigger filesize, use the "extreme"
preset.   You don't specify any other command line but just that.

It's similar to the outdated --r3mix command line (see www.r3mix.net).

-Christian