[Flac-dev] last minute changes

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Tue Nov 20 13:48:25 PST 2001

On Sat, Nov 17, 2001 at 04:26:48PM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 01:57:16PM -0800, Josh Coalson wrote:
> >
> > yes, the ones a month ago.  it's not clear that this is even related to
> > 3dnow but since it was happening on Matt's new AMD box and I don't have
> > enough info I turned it off by default.
>
> I don't remember if I said this already, but I can confirm that I don't
> get the crash when building from current CVS, even with asm optimizations
> enabled.

However, when I got around to building Debian packages, I found that I DID
still get the crash, and had to keep asm optimizations disabled for the
package.  I don't know what happened; perhaps I was accidentally linking
with the installed libFLAC at runtime.  So it would seem that this is not
related to SSE or 3DNOW, since those are now disabled by default, yes?

--
 - mdz