[Flac-dev] last minute changes

Miroslav Lichvar lichvarm at phoenix.inf.upol.cz
Sat Nov 17 10:12:02 PST 2001

On Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 01:57:16PM -0800, Josh Coalson wrote:
> yes, the ones a month ago.  it's not clear that this is
> even related to 3dnow but since it was happening on
> Matt's new AMD box and I don't have enough info I turned
> it off by default.

Ok, i did test on a debian/testing box (as Matt is probably using
something like this) and that segfaults was really there. It is caused
by newer ld (from binutils). As i'm not shared library expert, i don't
know whether it is bug or feature of ld, or some misunderstanding with
nasm produced objects or something totally different.

In lpc_asm.nasm are functions:
	FLAC__lpc_compute_autocorrelation_asm_ia32
	FLAC__lpc_compute_residual_from_qlp_coefficients_asm_ia32
	FLAC__lpc_restore_signal_asm_ia32

containing instructions like "lea edx, [.. + blah]", we want there to
blah be replaced by absolute address of label blah and this is the
problem. Solution is simple, just delete these functions.

I will look more at the problem later.

--
Miroslav Lichvar
lichvarm at phoenix.inf.upol.cz