[Flac-dev] problem with file.wav > 700MB

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Fri May 4 18:15:55 PDT 2001

--- Jan Suhr <jan.suhr at usa.net> wrote:
> hi.
> 1. I tried to encode some wav files with a size of 700MB - 1.1GB and
> got the message: "ERROR: no data sub-chunk". I used flac version 0.8
> and 0.9.

first I should say that it MIGHT not be because the file is large.
the wave reader in flac is pretty rudimentary and if there is any
sub chunk between the wave header and data sub chunk flac will give
you that error.  could you inspect the wav file to see if that's
the case?

> 2. It would be nice if flac displays the filename of the current used
>
> file. the reason: I started flac with a command like this:
> "flac -d 1.flac 1.wav; flac -d 2.flac 2.wav; flac -d 3.flac 3.wav;
> flac
> -d 4.flac 4.wav; flac -d 5.flac 5.wav; flac -d 6.flac 6.wav; flac -d
> 7.flac 7.wav; flac -d 8.flac 8.wav; flac -d 9.flac 9.wav"
> so it was not possible to recognize which file flac does decode at
> present.

yeah, actually I've already added that in CVS (the same time I
changed the command line handler).