[Flac-dev] new cmd-line, decoding troubles

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Thu May 3 12:42:07 PDT 2001

On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 02:13:35PM +0200, Miroslav Lichvar wrote:

> I tried to use new command-line behavior.
>
> When i do 'flac -d -c -fb foo.flac', it gives to stdout wav data instead of
> big endian raw data as i expected, but 'flac -d -fr -fb -c' works fine. I
> think -d -fb should implied -fr.
>
> And when i give it multiple files like 'flac -d -c -fr -fb foo1.flac
> foo2.flac', it decode only first file.

The -c option is supposed to send output to stdout, yes?  Then the logical
behavior would be to decode and concatenate each of the files.  But is this
really useful with audio data?  This would only work for raw format output, and
all of the files would have to have the same sample rate, size, sign and
channels (byte order could be converted on the fly, I suppose).

--
 - mdz