[Flac-dev] ERROR: mismatch in decoded data, verify FAILED!

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Mon Jun 25 12:44:18 PDT 2001

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 10:54:09AM -0700, Josh Coalson wrote:

> > Also, Kai has been kind enough to send me a copy of his file which
> > has a
> > problem only on -8, which I'll be looking into soon.
>
> Matt, if you whittle this file down can you make it
> available also?

Kai indicated that even if he only trimmed a small amount off of each end of
the file, the problem did not happen.  I'll give it a shot, though.

> One more thing I forgot to mention about debugging.  The first point of
> suspicion is the assembly in the decoder.  That you can try with 'configure
> --disable-asm-optimizations' The second is arithmetic overflow in the linear
> predictor.  You can test that by 'configure --enable-debug' which does
> overflow checking.

I did most of my testing with a normal flac binary, then after I had reduced
the sample as much as possible, I ran it through one compiled with
--enable-debug, running under gdb, to generate the trace.  So in that case, at
least, the problem occurred both with and without the extra checks.

--
 - mdz