[Flac-dev] libFLAC interface

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 19 17:10:58 PDT 2001

Now that the new libFLAC interface has stabilized, I'm wondering
if I should put out one more source release before 1.0?  Or is
it enough just to have you guys look it over?  Binary
compatibility should be easier to maintain now since 1) there
are no structures passed or altered and 2) the constructors
set reasonable defaults so that when parameters are added/
changed/deleted there should be a minimum of code changes
for libFLAC users.

The current code is still passing the test suite fine so I
don't see any other holdups before 1.0.  Some of the maybes
on the post-1.0 list are:

- fix windows piping (if possible)
- variable blocksize encoding
- auto-alignment of multi-wav encode on sector boundaries
- CUESHEET metadata block