[Flac-dev] Re: beta 10 candidate checked in

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 4 18:01:53 PDT 2001

> > | # nasm build rule:
> > | %.lo: %.s
>
> Even with gmake, this really works only by accident.  Automake
> generates a competing suffix rule, and gmake apparently gives the
> rule above a higher priority than the suffix rule (or that just
> happens to be the evaluation order).

but when I do automake the competing build rule is nestled with
others and looks like:

.c.lo:
    $(LIBTOOL) --mode=compile $(COMPILE) -c $<

.s.lo:
    $(LIBTOOL) --mode=compile $(COMPILE) -c $<

.S.lo:
    $(LIBTOOL) --mode=compile $(COMPILE) -c $<

it doesn't look like there's a provision for compiling .s files
with a different program than .c files, or even different flags.
so now I have no idea how to make this work as we would like.