[Flac-dev] 1.0 source candidate

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Fri Jul 20 20:55:14 PDT 2001

On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 11:51:29PM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 08:10:51PM -0700, Josh Coalson wrote:
>
> > --- Matt Zimmerman <mdz at debian.org> wrote:
> > > The self-tests are finishing up now (boy there are a lot of noise tests),
> > > so I may have more patches if the rest of the distcheck fails for some
> > > reason.
> >
> > OK, I'll wait a bit before redoing the source release.
>
> The noise tests finished up OK, but test_bins.sh failed.  I'm not really sure
> what that test is supposed to do, but here's what happened:
>
> Testing bins...
> ../../test_files/bins/b00: encode...ERROR during encode of ../../test_files/bins/b00
> FAIL: ./test_bins.sh
> ===================
> 1 of 3 tests failed
>
> Should there be a test_files directory shipped with the distribution?

If test_files is for some separate testing framework and the tests should be
disabled in the distributed version, you should have test_bins.sh check for the
existence of the test_files directory and exit with code 77 if it does not
exist, e.g.

test -d $(BINS_PATH) || exit 77

That will cause the test to be skipped, rather than fail.

--
 - mdz