[Flac-dev] 1.0 source candidate

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 20 20:10:51 PDT 2001

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/flac/junk/flac-1.0-src-candidate.tar.bz2

> With the attached patch, a complete "make distcheck" should work,
> including the
> self-tests.  It adds missing directories to some SUBDIRS variables,
> includes
> some files that were otherwise missing from the distribution, fixes
> CFLAGS to
> use $(srcdir), adds an EXTRA_DIST where appropriate, adds some
> missing
> Makefiles to AC_OUTPUT, etc.
>
> The only functional change is that src/test_* is built by default,
> even without
> --enable-debug.  This is consistent with GNU standards and other
> auto* users,
> and will allow the usual 'make check' idiom to work without fiddling
> with
> configure flags.

Ok, cool.  Actually I just did a sourceforge release so
I went back and hid the source release until I get your
patches integrated in.  The binary releases are unaffected
because I use the Makefile.lite system.

I almost added man/ to SUBDIRS et al but then I thought
it might break for people that don't have docbook-to-man
and cause confusion.

> The self-tests are finishing up now (boy there are a lot of noise
> tests), so I
> may have more patches if the rest of the distcheck fails for some
> reason.

OK, I'll wait a bit before redoing the source release.