[Flac-dev] 1.0 candidate checked in

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Fri Jul 20 15:29:46 PDT 2001

On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 03:01:54PM -0700, Josh Coalson wrote:

> --- Matt Zimmerman <mdz at debian.org> wrote:
> >
> > automake will include ltmain.sh in the source distribution, so it
> > should be
> > used even if it isn't installed on the build system.  In fact, it
> > seems to
> > always use the distributed version, and not the installed one (which
> > is
> > sometimes annoying).
>
> I don't follow, does that mean someone with libtool-1.4
> will have to run automake and send the output to me?
>
> It looks like redhat's latest is 1.3.5 which means I am
> now in rpm hell.  Time to get medieval...

All you should need is a copy of ltmain.sh from libtool 1.4, though it would be
a very good idea to include the latest config.guess and config.sub to allow
compilation on newer architectures such as ia64 and s390.  All of those can be
easily gotten from the tarballs at ftp.gnu.org:/pub/gnu/libtool/.

--
 - mdz