[Flac-dev] Problems with FLAC make

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Mon Jul 9 12:46:41 PDT 2001

On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 12:03:05AM +0200, Christian Schaller wrote:

> I have been making an RPM of FLAC to bundle with GStreamer. In order to
> get it working I had to make some rather hackish solutions in the SPEC
> file. The flac Makefile does to build into the correct directories while
> creating an RPM for some reason. I have attached the SPEC file I ended
> up with if it is of interest. Of course it didn't help me much cause it
> turned up we had a bug in the flac-plugin code for GStreamer too <G>

You are running "make install", which will install into ${prefix} by default
(/usr here).  What you probably want is "make DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{prefix}
install", or something along those lines.  DESTDIR will use an installation
prefix which is different from the configured prefix.  I'm sure you can find an
example in some other RPMs.

--
 - mdz