[Flac-dev] Bug with FLAC raw encoding

Mark Powell M.S.Powell at salford.ac.uk
Fri Feb 2 12:15:39 PST 2001

On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, Josh Coalson wrote:

> sounds great.  I've been thinking about adding a
> 'what uses FLAC' set of links to the web page...
> please keep me posted.

The latest version of my cue+wav splitter supports .flac files. Hope to
get it released this weekend. Will eventually be at:

www.lameb.fsnet.co.uk

It also supports .shn and .ape. I've seen shorten compress a whole CD over
100MB larger than flac! That's not useful when you're trying to fit
multiple cue+wav onto one data CD. And .ape, well it's written by one
fella that won't release his source. I don't want CDs full of .ape files
that I can't get at in a future OS :( I already can't under FreeBSD. I
just put support in there for Windows weenies :) that don't look that far.
  Flac rocks. The biggest bugbear for me is the speed, but I know that's a
lot of work to sort.
  Later.

Mark Powell - UNIX System Administrator - The University of Salford
Academic Information Services, Clifford Whitworth Building,
Salford University, Manchester, M5 4WT, UK.
Tel: +44 161 295 5936  Fax: +44 161 295 5888  www.pgp.com for PGP key