[Flac-dev] Bug with FLAC raw encoding

Josh Green jgreen at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Feb 2 07:39:53 PST 2001

I found a bug with FLAC v0.6 raw encoding. It appears that the file
pointer in the source file is not reset after seeking to the end for
checking the size. I've attached a patch.

I'm excited about FLAC!! I've been looking for a good GPL lossless RAW
audio compressor for use with sound fonts. Sound font files contain 16
bit samples that are word aligned, so just treating it as raw audio does
quite well. I've already tested it on one sound font, and it beat sfArk
by a few K. It would be neat to add support to my application the Smurf
Sound Font Editor (http://smurf.sourceforge.net) for FLAC sound font
compression. Lates..
	Josh Green