[Flac-dev] make headers C++ compatible?

Joshua Haberman jhaberman at ups.edu
Wed Aug 15 23:28:00 PDT 2001

Hello FLACers,

I'm working on implementing FLAC support for Audacity, a cross-platform
audio editor (audacity.sourceforge.net). We're experimenting with using
FLAC as the internal data representation.

Unfortunately, the FLAC headers cannot be used in C++ programs because of
the use of 'private' and 'protected' as variable names in
stream_decoder.h, stream_encoder.h, and file_decoder.h. These are of
course reserved words in C++.

Would it be possible to make these small changes for C++ compatibility?
It would also be nice if you would include:

#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C" {
#endif

at the beginning and one to match at the end, but this can always be done
by the host program.

Thanks, Joshua

--
Joshua Haberman  <joshua at haberman.com>