[Flac-dev] Wanted: Ripper that uses ID3V2 and FLAC

Asheesh Laroia paulproteus at technologist.com
Fri Aug 3 21:31:16 PDT 2001

I've been with FLAC since 0.7, and I've loved the FLAC files I've ripped
with grip, converted from FLAC 0.8 to 0.9, and played constantly on my
desktop.

And then I noticed the truncated ID3 tags in my FLAC files.  I at first
thought the problem lied in FLAC; I posted to this list, hoping for a
solution.  But then I realized my trusty GRIP was the flawed program.

Now re-ripping my CDs, I want to do it right.  I need either a program
that either adds the ID3V2 tags directly to the files (a better ripper),
or a program that takes ID3V1 truncat- tags, queries FreeDB, gets the
whole track name, and puts it into an ID3V2 tag.

Has anyone used a free ripper that supports FLAC and ID3V2 tags?  If so,
let me know!

Thanks everyone, especially Josh for this codec.

-- Asheesh.