[Flac-dev] xmms-plugin problems

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 17 19:48:07 PDT 2001

Thanks for the info, feedback below...

--- Miroslav Lichvar <mirator at upcase.inf.upol.cz> wrote:
> i'm using xmms-plugin from flac-0.9, i found following problems.
>
> Back-seeking cause, that .flac is not played all. It's caused by
> StreamDecoderPrivate variable samples_decoded and function
> stream_decoder_frame_sync_, which compare it against whole length of
> stream.

ok, I made the fix, plus there was another place that variable was
being set incorrectly.  both fixes are in CVS now.

> Second problem: Visual plugins are slow. It's caused by
> flac_ip.add_vis_pcm,
> it gets too many samples (4.5Ksamples) at one call. Solution is in
> calling
> this with only 512samples. Against plugin.c

actually, there are two versions of the playback loop, controlled
by a #define currently.  can you try compiling with RESERVOIR_TEST
defined and see if that is better?

the reason I ask has to do with my next question... is 512 a magic
number or it is just smaller and hence better?  because RESERVOIR_TEST
sends 576 samples at a time for performance reasons (it's an integral
multiple of the blocksize).