[Flac-dev] Almost using 0.9...

Asheesh Laroia paulproteus at technologist.com
Sat Apr 14 07:57:05 PDT 2001

I am currently in the process of converting my 8GB of FLAC 0.8 files into
0.9 files (1).  As it converts, I wanted to know how everyone else's FLAC
0.9 compares to FLAC 0.8.

One thing I noticed is that decompressing my FLAC files within XMMS gives
it a 30% CPU usage constantly on my AMD K6-2 300.  While this isn't the
fastest machine, that's a lot of processing power being used.

So, if anyone else is using FLAC 0.9, I'd like to know if the decoder
seems to use less processing power.

Thanks in advance.

(1): With a script hacked together by this list, and finished up by me.

-- Asheesh Laroia.