[daala] Curious about progress of codec

Jarek Duda dudajar at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 19:38:28 UTC 2016

Sure there can happen probability distribution close to uniform, in
which case starting with flat distribution is reasonable ... but
definitely not always, especially for your data which for many IDs
mainly consists of zeroes - you don't have to pay with ratio to learn
that - you can start with a distribution characteristic for a given ID
instead (and also optimized adaptation rate).