[announce] Welcome to the list

Ralph Giles giles
Thu Oct 9 05:21:30 PDT 2003

Welcome to the new announcement list!

We've been getting requests for a low-traffic list so people can keep up
with our work without following the detail of the development and user
mailing lists. While we've had '-announce' for a number of our projects,
they're little used, and there's no central source of information.

That's what this list aims to be. New releases will be announced here,
as well as periodic status reports and other news items of general
interest.

This is a read-only list; please direct any follow-up discussion or
questions to the project-specific mailing lists. The vorbis lists are
appropriate for general issues that don't fit within a specific project.

We hope you enjoy this re-arrangement and find it useful.

Cheers,
 -r
Foundation homepage: http://www.xiph.org/