[AnxAssoc] Annodex activities

Silvia Pfeiffer silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 23:06:17 PST 2009

Hi all,

The new committee was elected in January, please welcome:

President - Silvia Pfeiffer (Vquence, Sydney, Australia)
Vice President - Conrad Parker (Kyoto University, Japan)
Treasurer - John Ferlito (Vquence, Sydney, Australia)
Secretary - Michael Dale (Metavid, Santa Cruz, USA)
Ordinary Committee Members -
  Jan Gerber (Thing, Mumbai, India)
  Victor Gal (University or Canberra, Australia)
  Denis Crowdy (Mcquarie University, Australia)

Please also note that the minutes of the AGM and other meetings are
available at http://annodex.org/wiki/Committee/Meetings/ .

For this year, our plan is to have monthly meetings at 5:30pm on the
last Thursday of each month on #annodex open for anyone to join.
Please note in your diaries.

In our first Committee meeting we identified some key areas of work
for this year:

1. we want to re-vamp the structure of the annodex.net website
This includes moving the software release pages over to xiph.org,
where the technology is much more appropriately placed, and turning
annodex.net more into an information site around how to set up and run
continuous media web sites.

2. we want to support the Open Media Now activities
FOMS in January decided to donate $1K to the Open Media Now foundation
http://openmedianow.org/ to get working on patent issues around
codecs. We want to work more closely with them over the year and
probably turn that donation into a proper campaign.

3. we want to take part in Google Summer of Code together with Xiph again
Some ideas raised were support for time-aligned text in HTML5 <video>
element, and support of Xiph codecs for OpenMAXX.

If you'd like to get more involved, please post here, to
annodex-dev at lists.annodex.net, and/or join the meetings. The next one
will be on the 26th March 5pm Sydney time.

Cheers,
Silvia.