[Xiph-Advocacy] Support for IceCast

"Thomas B. Rücker" thomas at ruecker.fi
Tue Feb 24 22:04:55 PST 2015

On 02/24/2015 11:49 PM, Tamer Higazi wrote:
> Hi people!
> I want to ask you about the current status of "IceCast".

I suspect you mean IceShare not Icecast?

> I am really interisted in the PeerToPeer Streaming Server, and would
> love to contribute.
> One of the mentioned bulletpoints says that you need a Python Coder....
>
> Well, I'd love to participate supporting you in writing Python Code.

I've looked at https://wiki.xiph.org/IceShare and it seems to me that
this effort stalled about 10 years ago. But then I'm not the right
person to ask about it, as 5 minutes ago I didn't even know about it at all.

In case you're interested in Icecast - http://www.icecast.org, we could
use some help to update our shout-python bindings for libshout. Libshout
is currently going through some API changes and that would need to be
reflected.

Cheers

Thomas