[Xiph-Advocacy] Xiph.Org's second major video, _Episode 2 : Digital Show & Tell_ is out!

Monty Montgomery xiphmont at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 03:31:57 PST 2013

Xiph.Org is pleased to announce that we've completed
_Digital Show & Tell_, our second major video on digital  media.
This time we explore multiple facets of digital audio signals
and how they really behave in the real world.

http://video.xiph.org/

Demonstrations of sampling, quantization, bit-depth, and dither
show digital audio behavior on real audio equipment using both
modern digital analysis and vintage analog bench
equipment... just in case we can't trust those newfangled digital
gizmos.  You can also download the source code for each demo and
try it all for yourself!

Like our previous video, _A Digital Media Primer for Geeks_,
_Show & Tell_ moves fast and only glances on a number of
rather important topics, so we've also set up a Wiki
to get more information, ask questions, and debate.

http://wiki.xiph.org/Videos/Digital_Show_and_Tell

We hope you enjoy it, and Happy Hacking!

Monty
Xiph.Org

The Xiph.Org Foundation is a not-for-profit corporation dedicated
to open, unencumbered multimedia technology. Xiph's formats
and software levels the playing field for digital media so that all
producers and artists can distribute their work for minimal cost,
without restriction, regardless of affiliation.  May contain traces of
nuts.