[Xiph-Advocacy] A new era in Radio! Don't miss The Experimental Beat! (fwd)

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Sat Aug 8 16:47:30 PDT 2009

Hello,

Excuse the blatent self-promotion and certain degree of off-topicness, but
I thought people here might find this of interest.

We just recorded a radio show using Fideliphone (www.fideliphone.com)
which uses CELT.  Not sure exactly which version but the most recent
release of Fideliphone was in May so it's probably not the most recent
version.  Anyway it performed beautifully!

I have been very enthusiastic about the potential for CELT in broadcast
applications for some time now, and was very excited to finally try it
out.  It completely lived up to my expectations.  So I thought some on
these lists might be interested to hear it at work.

Unfortunately there's a bit of echo from speakers at one of the remote
parties, and the other remote had a noisy mic preamp, so it doesn't always
sound squeaky clean.  But it's a great showcase of the codec and I'd love
to be able to use it more in these sorts of settings.

Geoff.