[Xiph-Advocacy] Spread Open Media fonts

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 06:42:42 PST 2008

On 1/20/08, Cory K. <coryisatm at nc.rr.com> wrote:
> What fonts are used it the top banner of the page and 1st couple of the
> small ones on the "Banners" page?
>
> The small ones look like Helvetica but I don't know about the one on the
> top banner.

The site was completely redesigned recently by a friend who owns a web
design company.  It has become much better than what used to be there,
but the fonts used on the banner... I have no idea which ones they
are.

> Is there a "official" font to be used?

No, there's no official font.  At least for now.  I for one won't
outright reject a proposal to set everything in one or two specific
free fonts... if the best possible one for our case is found, which
will probably have to include international charsets, because I do
hope someone translates the site to Chinese and Japanese.  And Korean.
 And Arabic.  And British English.

-Ivo