[Xiph-Advocacy] SOM multi-language boards

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 19:22:13 PST 2008

On 2/24/08, JorSol <mailing at jorsol.com> wrote:
> Can I ask why you don't use phpbb 3 or simple machines forums?

Sure you can.  Those are complex beyond necessity.  Furthermore, I
wish to allow really fast, really anonymous (tm) posting.  Why?  To
avoid discourage people from posting who likely don't want to
register.

Also, as strange as it sounds, it is an experiment on online
interaction.  One of the biggest forums in the world is a Japanese
board called 2ch.  It uses software very similar to this one.  The
idea is: if it works for them, it may just work for us.  Mix that with
my plans to put in mv_embed or ITheora and we would have something
similar to digg, youtube, and 2ch all in one pack.

This, of course, it possibly too crazy to work, which why I really
appreciate feedback on the idea.

> That looks really bad...

Yes, indeed.  The default theme is awful.  Nothing that can't be fixed.

-Ivo