[Xiph-Advocacy] SMIL 3.0 Rec with Xiph media :)

jose at multimedia4everyone.com jose at multimedia4everyone.com
Tue Dec 2 13:14:53 PST 2008

I think the SMIL that the browsers will end up using is SMIL Timesheets.
SMIL features will be added to an HTML page like Cascading Style Sheets.

http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-timesheets-20080110/

This SMIL 3.0 Language Profile that passed rec. is for the
Helix/RealPlayer and Ambulant.

http://old-www.cwi.nl/projects/Ambulant/distPlayer.html

Helix supports Vorbis and Theora. Ambulant has shown interest in

Vorbis, Theora and Dirac.

And now there is a standardized text with smilText.

With SMIL 3 and Xiph media, there's everything for small businesses to

train with multimedia to schools using multimedia to make learning
fun...

it's all there now :)

Jose Ramirez