[Xiph-Advocacy] Would giving out SOM email accounts be a good idea?

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 09:29:25 PDT 2008

Hello list,

Someone suggested me that SOM should offer email accounts so people
would promote SOM through their email address.  Perhaps not a bad
idea, but I reckon most people already have established addresses and
would not be interested, so I'm looking for feedback.

The plan would be to use GMail as the back end since we don't have
that much space in the server, which would mean around 7Gb space, web
chat, awesome spam filter, IMAP, and everything else GMail offers.  At
the cost of seeing the occasional ads on the right side of the screen.
 Then, when you are posting on mailing lists and the like, people see
the cool @spreadopenmedia.org part and may be interested in the
project.

What say you?

-Ivo