[Advocacy] persuading mobile phone manufacturers to implement Vorbis support

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Wed May 30 08:26:19 PDT 2007

On 5/30/07, Ian Malone <ibmalone at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Speaking of SOM, we are in need of
> > volunteers willing to write a few articles to help us promote Xiph's
> > formats.
>
> What kind of thing are you looking for?

Three things:

* daily-life tutorials; how to use/create/convert to our formats on
any platform/operating system
* articles that may discuss "why is Vorbis better than MP3", "The
Importance of Open Standards", "DRM-free audio", "why Speex is perfect
for podcasters", "why FLAC is perfect for storing albums".
* a website-wide FAQ for the layman

That kind of stuff.  The appeal really is for the clueless user that
doesn't know better.  Inform, explain, and compare while not
patronizing him/her.

Writers keep ownership on whatever they write.  They need to license
the articles as CC-BY-SA 3.0, though.

I'm trying to build a platform over Wordpress that will allow for easy
access to translations of the articles, as well as Speex versions, and
an edit button, using the XiphWiki.  This is an after-thought.

-Ivo