[Advocacy] SOM and You

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 09:52:32 PDT 2007

We are sorry for the current state of affairs. The SOM project is only
at its inception, and its single blog post is not making us look any
bit professional. However, we do plan to turn SOM into a giant portal
for those who want to promote open media formats, for those who want
to find content under those formats, and to create a large community
around it.

Every bit of help right now is useful. Join the discussion at this
mailing list, join the wiki[1], offer your services to create some
content. We need articles regarding the importance of Open Media
formats, as well as tutorials to help people use Open Media formats on
their daily-life. We will need translators, too.

FINALLY, here's some content:
* iSummit 2007 Presentation: Media formats for your needs (English)
[2] (Portuguese) [3]
* iSummit 2007 Presentation: Software for artists (English) [4]

These are available under CC-BY, so please SHARE them across the Internet.

Me and Bjorn have attended the iCommons Summit during June 14-17, and
while we weren't a success (due to a lot of factors) we did change the
opinion of some people, so it was a nice start for the Spread Open
Media project.

Thank you for your attention,
Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves

[1] http://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/Spread_Open_Media