[Advocacy] Concern regarding possible digg/slashdot effects on the SOM website

Bjorn Wijers bjorn at simuze.nl
Sat Jul 21 01:25:54 PDT 2007

Ivo et all,

If there will be a slashdot or digg effect it will be very hard to stay
alive.

However the foundation hosting this project has had some slashdot
effects happening over the last years and the corresponding sites
survived and actually did pretty well. Although these were hosted on
different servers than the one we're using.

So basically my answer would be: I don't know.

Personally I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it happens it happens
and we'll try to cope with it. For now lets focus on making the site better.

grtz
BjornW