[Advocacy] persuading mobile phone manufacturers to implement Vorbis support

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 10:16:14 PDT 2007

On 11/05/07, Ian Malone <ibmalone at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 06/05/07, Alexander van Loon <svloon at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
> > So far I don't know about any phone which can play Vorbis. There are a
> > lot more media players which can play Vorbis, such as those from iriver
> > and Cowon, yet the more popular media players like those from Creative
> > and Apple can't.
> >

> Actually, if my memory is correct Creative have dabbled in Vorbis.
> There are also reports that new cheap Chinese players will do it.
> When I get bored someday I'll check.

My dad recently got a "MP4"[1] player (2GB, £14, UMS) from
eBay.  It will play Vorbis with poor sound quality, but it appears
to play mp3 with the same quality...
Support for Ogg isn't llisted. These things are already on the
wiki, but since there isn't a well known manufacturer identifying
the ones that do support Vorbis might be tricky.

[1] As in: <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_MP4/MTV_Player>