[Advocacy] Re: [xiph-rtp] Re: [Vorbis-dev] Proposal: An extension to rules all others

Tor-Einar Jarnbjo tor-einar at jarnbjo.name
Tue Jan 16 10:37:57 PST 2007

Aaron Colwell schrieb:

> Media applications are able to deeply inspect the file if they really
> need to
> determine which codec it contains.

In case of Ogg, the application is unfortunately only able to determine
which codec(s) the Ogg file contains if detailed knowledge about the
codecs is known already by the Ogg parser. I think I already suggested
to e.g. add the stream's MIME type to the first Ogg page to make it
easier for players to cope with new codecs embedded in an Ogg file.

Tor