[Advocacy] Call for Xiph online meeting in 7th Feb (this Wednesday) at 18:00 UTC

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 05:55:27 PST 2007

On 2/6/07, Timo Jyrinki <timo.jyrinki at hut.fi> wrote:
> Ok, I just didnt see anywhere that someone would have agreed. Considering
> the general absence of the people in the meetings, and me being just a
> lurker, it's fine if you just have some people attending.

Your concern is valid, but thankfully things are going well so far.

> I can do that for you, and also change the page you did not change - I
> don't think that with your change only anyone would have visited the
> meeting based on the wiki pages, since there was contradicting
> information.

Thanks for that.

> Have a good meeting, and let's try to announce any divertions from the
> policy early enough in the future, and mention that it's an exception on
> the MonthlyMeeting-page, ok? Otherwise it does not help getting people in
> the meetings.

I'll keep that in mind.

> I've often thought that Xiph.org would need a little more of taking care
> of the details and how everything looks to the outsider. For example, the
> new xiph.org/vorbis.com/speex.org sites look quite good, and the wiki has
> gotten better since a little header called "development projects" was
> added before some of the stuff, so as to not confuse people.

Sometimes things are a big messed up, but trying to schedulle things
based on rules isn't working well lately, I'm afraid.

Still, you are right that things should be made more clear in some
situations like those you mentioned have become.

If at some point you would like to become less of a lurker and more
active in suggesting changes, and do some work yourself that would be
very appreciated.  Xiph.Org likes all the help it can get.

Best regards,
Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves