[Xiph-Advocacy] About Spanish speaking community contributions

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 18:41:53 PST 2007

On Dec 2, 2007 10:25 PM, Luis Felipe Lopez Acevedo wrote:
> 1. Is the following the right path for all our contributions?
>
>  http://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/Spread_Open_Media/es/

Actually there is a wiki category which lists all the Spanish
articles.  You may access it at the bottom of any translated/exclusive
article in the /es/ namespace.

> If it is, is there a specific structure we need follow to organize the
> content? or could we use a custom one? Like this:

Actually, the structure is a bit rigid since the XiphWiki is not only
for SOM content.  That forces articles to use a
http://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/Spread_Open_Media/es/Article path to
organize things.  The template {{SOM_es}} adds the article to the
Spanish SOM category, which helps organize things a little better, I
hope.

>  2. Will writers use the wiki to create their articles?

If they do not have an account  at the main site, or if they would
like to use wiki to create an article in collaboration with the
community, then yes, they should use the wiki.  Otherwise, they may
post directly at the site.

Of course one thing needs to be said: every new article should be
copied to the wiki anyway, as one of the approaches in SOM is that,
while not being directly a wiki, it allows the audience to edit and
improve existing articles.  Probably not the best approach for an
opinion-oriented article, but very useful for tutorials.

> Thanks in advance.

I'm the one thanking you for your interest in the project.

-Ivo