[Advocacy] Me, the grouser?

xiphmont at xiph.org xiphmont at xiph.org
Wed Aug 29 11:20:08 PDT 2007

On 8/23/07, Tor-Einar Jarnbjo <tor-einar at jarnbjo.name> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> after attempting to correct Ivo's statement about Theora and Vorbis
> being the "default codecs" in the HTML 5 draft, I just got the following
> mail off list:
>
> "Why are you still here? And by here I mean the Xiph lists. I've seen
> you speaking ill of our formats and of free software more than in one
> occasion. So, for what purpose do you still stick around? What is your
> intention?"

Venting frustration is fine-- we all do it.  But I do object to anyone
who generally is speaking for the Org being a petty bitch in the name
of the Org. I take some issue with that.

By all means, any of us should free to knock back a flask and go off
on a rant, but don't imply you're speaking for everyone when you do
so.

Tor, I hope you know you're welcome here.

Thank you for listening,

Monty
Head Mean Drunk
Xiph.Org