[Advocacy] SOM FAQ is now online

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 12:11:26 PDT 2007

On 8/10/07, Ian Malone <ibmalone at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't believe OM is technologically mutually exclusive
> with DRM, provided you are willing to ignore the brokeness
> of DRM in general.  But the people who want DRM don't
> see it that way.

I remember somewhere in 2005 an online store owner came to vorbis or
vorbis-dev lists and requested us to get a DRM scheme on Vorbis.

Anyone may create a version of Vorbis with DRM, but would it play on
every player out there or just the player authored by the DRM creator?
 And that's where the whole DRM argument collapses.  Nobody would want
something like that, both consumers and developers.  Someone would end
up cracking the DRM'd files and make them normal Vorbis files.

-Ivo