[Advocacy] SOM FAQ is now online

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 20:59:18 PDT 2007

On 8/10/07, Matthew Flaschen <matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu> wrote:
> Probably best to just create a wiki page to for the list of stores.
> Possibly, the FAQ should be on the wiki too, so it can be modified
> occasionally.

This may (or not) come as a shock to you, but most SOM content is
available on the XiphWiki, including the FAQ.  Posts that are
"editabled" present an [ edit ] button at the end.  This information
is also available on the FAQ.

On 8/10/07, Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org> wrote:
> Why not just blog it all and get feedback on the SOM blog? Gotta get
> that thing flowing!

Hey Jon, are you preparing anything to post there?  Gotta get the
thing flowing, you know.

On 8/9/07, Cameron Parkins <cameronparkins at gmail.com> wrote:
> Boom!

Bang!  But I need online stores, which would sell TV content like
South Park or Pearl Jam albums in OM formats.  Mainstream stuff.
Video-wise, I haven't found any.  Audio-wise, very few.  Not good.
Not good at all.

Stores assume that if they sell stuff in OM formats nobody will buy
it.  Not to mention the whole affair with DRM.  I wonder how we can
change this.

-Ivo