[Advocacy] Welcome me aboard Xiph; I just volunteered

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 10:58:34 PDT 2006

Hello,

Some of you might know me, or not.  Although it may seem unlikely,
I've been around for a while, and for those who know me, it's clear
from my past actions that I intend to promote the free media formats
and codecs for an utopic better world.

It's with that in mind that I've decided to start a project, hopefully
big enough to promote the Ogg family, Annodex, XSPF, etc.  Something
of the likeness of Spread Firefox, an attempt at creating a strong and
dedicated community to help spread the common-day use of the xiph
projects.  Thus, I hereby volunteer myself to work under Xiph.Org
Foundation, so that I may represent it when need be.  Also, I'd like
to know if I'll have the support of other members, as well as access
to resources that I may use to costify the expenses required for such
a website.

I can add that for starters, the SpreadOgg (or whatever the name it'll
end up having) will host a subproject called MailOgging, which will be
an aggresive tactic to have the community mailing the corporations and
artists to support free media formats, using templates and information
provided by the project.

Through SpreadOgg, I intend not only to promote the Ogg family, but
also to recruit more developers to help with the stalled projects.
Trying to achieve that goal led me to contact Richard Stallman in
hopes that he would be able to recruit a few devs to help out, albeit
I'm afraid that has not achieved the intended purpose as of now.  With
SpreadOgg, however, I intend to reach much more.

Regards,
Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves