[Advocacy] Re: Branding, logos and badges (was iAudio says 'Ogg' not 'Vorbis')

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Fri Nov 11 06:37:46 PST 2005

Hi Aaron,

> I don't think that one can advocate, on the one hand,
> the necessity of professional branding and on another denounce
> quality control of brands submitted.

I'm all in favour of quality control, but my point was that amateurs,
i.e. unpaid volunteers, can sometimes produce work of equivalent or
higher quality than professionals. We wouldn't have free software if
that wasn't true - and professionals can do poor quality work too. So
to call something 'amateurish' isn't a very useful insult, in my
view.

Cheers!

Daniel