[Advocacy] iAudio X5 says it supports "Ogg" not "Vorbis"

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Fri Nov 11 01:34:30 PST 2005

Hi Monty,

> With a few notable exceptions, the community
> submissions were deeply amateurish.

It's ironic that you're down on amateurs, given that many
contributions to Xiph.org projects are unpaid. Of course I support
your right to choose the branding that you think is the best.

> Attached is a both the initial branding package from last year as
> well as some of the more refined/finished logos from the most
> recent deliverable.

I'm afraid that you've proved the point that you don't understand
hardware branding. These logos are fine for a website but of no use
to a hardware OEM - too complicated, too many colours, and you can't
recognise them at a small size. Plus there's the issue that you've
assumed the target audience can read a Latin script. If you think of
something like the Dolby logo, it's independent of any character set.

> I'm afraid we'll both ignore you unless you have something
> constructive to offer as well.

I have been trying to be constructive, but it's not easy when your
contribution is dismissed out of hand. If you're determined to stick
with the fish for Vorbis, then I suggest making it a black outline in
SVG format and see how it looks when printed 4mm in width on a piece
of aluminium.

Cheers!

Daniel