[Advocacy] Re: Some Variations On A Vorbis Logo

Paul Bryson paul at msn.com
Tue Mar 22 23:36:22 PST 2005

"Daniel James" wrote...
> I hope that when the new logos are published, Xiph will accept some
> constructive criticism on their suitability for hardware branding. If
> you need help adapting them for one-colour use, just ask.

As the new logos exist, perhaps it would be possible to make two tone
versions of them suitable for hardware silk-screening?  It obviously
wouldn't be a 1 to 1, but if something could be made that is recognizable in
relation to the current logo, that would be most useful.

Anyway, I agree with Monty that either the demo logos look to similar to
existing trademarked logos, or I don't care for them.  But I also agree with
Daniel that the current logos are totally unsuitable for two tone hardware
branding.  But again I agree with Monty that doing a complete re-branding is
beyond the current fiscal and man-hour abilities of Xiph, especially after
the logos have just been fixed up.

I'm sure that if a two tone logo is made that looks similar to the new
logos, looks good, but doesn't look like current trademarked logos, it has a
good possibility of being adopted.

Atamido