[Advocacy] Re: [Theora] OGG/OGM media container

Kyungjoon Lee kjoonlee
Tue Jul 6 19:34:10 PDT 2004

<Pine.LNX.4.60.0407061837530.9433 at okanagan.cs.ubc.ca>
<80cc888e040706184710931d2c at mail.gmail.com>
<Pine.LNX.4.60.0407061908170.14738 at okanagan.cs.ubc.ca>

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 19:12:20 -0700 (PDT), Nilesh Bansal <bansal at cs.ubc.ca> wrote:
> > Running 'ldd ~/bin/mencoder' on my box shows that it's linked to libvorbis.
> I mean, mencoder using Ogg library (not vorbis), to produce .ogg files
> (audio wraped in Ogg container).

Probably not. I thought it might be possible because It was also
linked to libogg,
but on reading the documents it looks like it doesn't support Vorbis encoding.

> >> PS: xiph CVS is not working, it says connection refused everythime i try
> >
> > http://www.xiph.org/svn.html
> Its http://snv.xiph.org

Xiph CVS is not working anymore, so you have to use SVN instead.
I was just trying to say that you can use the instructions at svn.html to
check out the files at svn.xiph.org. :)