[advocacy] New announce mailing list

Ralph Giles giles
Thu Oct 9 16:03:48 PDT 2003

Hi everyone,

This is to announce we've started a mailing list for release, news
and other announcements. We've had requests for a while for a
lower-traffic way to keep up with what's happening. Carsten's
excellent Ogg Traffic newsletters are available on the web
(http://www.vorbis.com/ot/) but email has a more immediate feeling,
and there was no way to receive them except by subscribing to the
vorbis list. From now on we'll post them to the new announce list.

Release announcements will also be cc'd along with any general news
postings.

To subscribe to the list just send the word 'subscribe' to
announce-request at xiph.org. This is a read only mailing list,
so please send any questions or follow-up discussion to a
related project list.

Cheers,
-r