[advocacy] Einstuerzende Neubauten

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Tue Jul 1 02:23:05 PDT 2003

> I note in passing that experimental artists Einstuerzende Neubauten
> <http://www.neubauten.org/> are going it alone without a record
> label

They've been around since about 1980 I think, so maybe it's easier to
do this sort of thing if you have a loyal fan base. I recently saw
Gong live, and they've been a true independent band for even longer.
It's not easy (financially) to operate this way, but then leaving
your career in the hands of your label can be precarious too.

I think Blixa Bargeld plays with Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds as well.

Cheers

Daniel